Thursday, May 28, 2009

Working in Sanyang

Started our work on Monday, not too strenuous compared to work at
home, but when you're doing it under the midday African sun, it takes
a toll. Had to have a nap this afternoon b/c we were so tired.
The work isn't very engineering related yet, but hope to have a more
defined project tomorrow (Wednesday).

Getting settled in our host's home, but very much missing running
water... I can deal with out a flushing toilet, but the shower is a
touch more difficult. I have now successfully had a bucket shower...
not the easiest thing to do, but i managed anyway.

Nothing exciting from the last several days like the crocodile, we'll
see what the rest of the week brings.

I miss you all,

Love,
JP

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're finally on site. Your posts have been very entertaining for me as I work the "grind" in toronto.

    PS. Your bucket shower is very much deserved as we were too spoiled in Tanzania.

    ReplyDelete