Today we had a busy day of running around the greater Banjul Area. We started by being dropped off at a street corner to pick up our own bush taxi to go into Banjul. Anyone from Tanzania will remember them fondly as the Daladala's. The same vans, the same number of people in them!
We then got to climb up the Arch 22, a monument of independence erected when the current president came to power. We toured two different markets, and went to a crocodile pond. At the pond you were actually able to pet the crocodiles!
I tried to post a picture, but it took too long to upload. I'll have to try again some other time.
Today we're off to Sanyang where we will start our project on Monday. No idea what is in store around the corner, but we'll deal with it as it comes.
Thanks to everyone for the posts. I have enjoyed reading them. Please keep it up!
Also if my posts seem like the dates are off, i'm writing them the night before i actually send them, or in some cases two days before i can post, so just bear with it. sorry for any confusion.
Love,
JP
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for making it clear I honestly thought you were writing from the past and i said to myself " darn it I need to get my hands on that time traveling apparatus!!
ReplyDeleteHope you're having a great time..
though the crocs may be fun (and no i'm not talking about the bright yellow, red and orange ones you get here at any shoe or corner store) just don't lose a hand... they come in pretty useful, especially when you're in a new country - just another piece of wisdom from your deal ole sis.
ReplyDelete